We don't got out to eat very often, but being Friday night, we decided to go out for dinner. We usually go somewhere quick so we can have an easy escape in case of meltdown. Tonight we braved a nicer restaurant: La Hacienda Ranch. Yum!
We got seated immediately and ordered our dinner and began eating our chips & salsa. We were a little nervous because Caleb was pretty tired so we weren't sure how he was going to be.
A few minutes in, an older gentleman came up to our table from the table next to us. He said something about how impressed he was with our boys behavior and us being a good family. I wanted to say "it's only been a few minutes, lets cross our fingers it continues this way". But he didn't give me a chance. He proceeded to set down a $50 bill and say that he wanted to help with our dinner! We were practically speechless, but managed to thank him profusely.
Although we didn't necessarily "need" the money; I think the good Lord sent that man to send us a message. We've been feeling very challenged lately by the stage that Caiden is in, so I hope that God was letting us know that we are doing a good job even though it is difficult at times.
I'm so humbled by that man's generous and kind spirit and can't wait to do something to pay it forward.
I don't think it's coincidence that just earlier today I decided to participate in The Happy Day Project, to spread some joy to others. If you're interested in doing so yourself, read more here: http://liferearranged.com/2012/11/the-happy-day-project-2012/
"So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith." Galatians 6:10
No comments:
Post a Comment