Thursday, November 15, 2012

Happy Day Project Recap

If you remember, last week was the Happy Day Project, in which our goal was to spread a little joy and do some things we don't do on a regular basis (but we should).  I loved participating in this journey and wish my boys were old enough to understand what we were doing. Guess that just means I'll have to keep on doing it as they get older and can be more involved!
 
Here is a recap of each days task:
 
Day 1: Handwritten note- a little note and sent some goodies to a former student of mine that I keep in touch with.
 
Day 2: Gift card to the homeless- this is all ready to go in my car, but I have not been able to act on it yet. We are fortunate to live in an area that does not typically have homeless people standing on the corners. I will keep it handy for when I go downtown.

Day 3: Treat someone- yummy pumpkin bread for the wonderful woman that runs our co-op pickup location.

Day 4: Blessing Bags- I participated in the virtual option this day because I think my moms club will be making blessing bags again this year. So I browsed through the Samaritan's Purse Gift Catalogue and bought some Christmas gifts for needy children.

Day 5: Appreciate those in service- on this one I basically suck! I got bogged down in the happenings of the week and didn't do anything.  This especially frustrates me since I have friends and family that have served our country and I don't do anything to let them know I appreciate them.  SO, I vow to do so in the future.

So glad I participated in this project- Thanks so much to Jeannette for organizing it all and motivating to do more.  What about you? Did you spread some joy last week?

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Loved your recap. It's fun to keep the momentum going and bless others all throughout the holiday season which is hard the busier it gets, but if you touch just one person's heart, then that is enough! You did amazing ~ I too had a hard time on Friday, but plan to send a pound of coffee to the Troops via my local Starbucks. ;-) Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews