As you may already know I wanted a costume for me and Caleb that I could wear him in the Baby Bjorn. Also, I wasn't sure what Caiden would think about wearing a costume this year, so I wanted to make sure it was something he would like. After scouring the Internet and getting great suggestions from friends, I decided that Eric and I would be farmers, Caiden would be a cow and Caleb would be a little chicken.
Here's how it turned out:
I made Caiden costume except for the hat (which I got from DiddeeDits on Etsy) and made the body part of Caleb's costume. I bought me and Eric some clothes and thrift stores, and that was that. Costumes for a family of four for about $40. Not too bad. I am so proud of Caiden's cow costume and feel bad that Caleb's got more attention. I guess it's probably because people are more drawn to babies?
On Saturday we went to the Ridgell Halloween Party (which is where our family photo was taken), then on Monday morning, we went to the nursing home in costume to visit some of the folks there. In the afternoon, we got to go to Eric's work for their annual trick-or-treat event.
And then last night was the real deal trick-or-treating. We invited our friends Yogesh, Shiva and Naina over to go around the neighborhood.
Here's Caiden all ready to go with his treat bag:
It was Naina's first year to trick-or-treat. She wasn't so sure of it at first, but finally got the hang of it after watching Caiden.
Caiden was so into it this year. He LOVED ringing the doorbell (when he could reach it).
And then he would take one piece of candy.
Then, he would run back to daddy and say "Look, Daddy! I got candy!" He did that after EVERY SINGLE HOUSE! He would even show off his treasure to Yogesh or Shiva. Then he would ask "More, pumpkins?" wanting to know if we were going to the next house for more candy :)
While we were out, we ran into his buddy Austin and they had to compare their loot!
It was so much fun to watch him this year! Now, time to hide all the candy so he doesn't want to eat it all! Hope you and your family had a great Halloween too!PS. As an afterthought, I thought you might enjoy seeing pictures of our costumes in the past.
2011
2010

No comments:
Post a Comment