Friday, July 30, 2010

Just Between Friends

Yesterday I went to this really neat consignment event at the convention center.  It's called  Just Between Friends. It's a children's and maternity consignment sales event that occurs twice a year.  I was going to go this spring, but something came up.  It doesn't open up to the public until tomorrow, but my friend Jamie hooked me up with her consignor pre-sale pass.  This pass got me in before the general public so all of the stuff wasn't picked over, and the line for check-out wasn't long.

They had EVERYTHING imaginable, from toys, stollers, play houses tons of clothes and even some items that I don't think I would buy used (sippy cups? burp cloths?). I saw a sign for diapers and was really hoping that they weren't "used" but rather unused packages- but I never went back to look and see.  I went with a goal in mind- an exersaucer for when Caiden is a little bigger.  I ended up looking around- you know, I was already there so why not- and found a few other goodies.
 So here's what I found:

Baby Einstein Discover and Play Activity Center
Price $30 (current model retails for $79.99)
Highlights: It has 9 interactive toys to help develop sensory and motor skills. Introduces bi-lingual language into child's learning vocabulary in a fun and interactive way. Item has a gentle rocking motion with a 360 degree swivel seat. 3 position height adjustment. Stationary stands inhibit mobility for play and snacks


A snowsuit($6.50), Old Navy coat ($6) and GAP warm fleece outfit ($4) for Iowa, KC, or ski trip- I definitely did not want to pay full price for things like this living in Texas!
A package of three Baby Einstein board books for $2.50 and The Very Hungry Catepillar book for $5.

Anyway, I am so excited about my deals and can't wait to go back to the spring event next year!
Hasta la proxima!,


1 comment:

  1. I'm so mad at myself for never getting to attend one of those when Rylie was little. But I'm eager to finally attend ours this Fall! You got some great deals & The Very Hungry Caterpillar is our favorite! I hope I have luck finding Rylie some big girl toys!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews