Thursday, July 8, 2010

Unemployment & Fourth of July recap

Well- it's official!  I am unemployed and now a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM).  It hasn't really sunk in, and probably won't until August when everyone is going back to school.  How do I feel about this new status, you ask?  To be honest it is a little bittersweet.  I'm super excited about watching my little boy grow and change during the first year of his life.  I am truly bless to have this opportunity- to not miss out on any of the important "firsts" in his life. The only downside is that I really liked my job, the school and the people I worked with.  I realize that I was very lucky to have been able to enjoy my job for three years- because I definitely know what it's like to NOT enjoy a job.  But I'm trying to keep the faith that the Lord will help when the time comes.  If I'm meant to go back to CHS, then there will be a position open for me.  If not, then another window of opportunity will open!

On a lighter note- we enjoyed a nice, relaxing Independence Day with a visit from my mom and step-dad.  On Saturday, we decided to torture our arteries a little and went to lunch at Snuffers to have the wonderful cheese fries. (To ease the guilt a little, I reminded myself that potatoes are vegetables right, and cheese is dairy). They are even better topped with bacon (protein), chives and jalapenos (more veggies) and ranch sauce.
After lunch, mom and I decorated some onesies for Caiden.  He couldn't be seen on Independence day without a little bit of patriotism! 


On the 4th, we had a patriotic picnic at the house.  Hot dogs, beans, deviled eggs, chips... YUM!  Although, we forgot about the corn-on-the-cob that we were going to make- Darn!   We didn't think Caiden would be up to having his eardrums blasted out by fireworks and it was too darn hot anyway, so we stayed home and played a game!  Maybe next year he'll be ready for sparklers and firecrackers!
It was some good quality time for Nana and Papa to spend with Caiden.
Hope you all enjoyed your holiday!  Hasta la proxima!

2 comments:

  1. He looks just like you in that closeup picture of him! Love his onesie! Congrats again on your new job! Less pay, more benefits =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful decision, new SAHM! I'm SO happy for you all! Being a parent is the most important, rewarding job of all. :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews