I think that naming a baby is one of the most difficult things about being a parent. Do you want a name that's popular or classic? Do you want to be unique with the spelling? Etc etc. Being a teacher doesn't help! I hated having 3 students with the same name in the class, and some spellings made for a disasterous first day as I would call out roll for the first time. Also, since I had so many students, those names are now associated with that child and I had a hard time using them for my own- especially if they were a difficult student :)
Looking back, naming Caiden seems so easy. Early on when we were dating, for some reason Eric and I were talking about names and he told me that he liked "Caiden" and I liked it too. That was before the surge in popularity of all the names that rhyme with Caiden (Aiden,Hayden, Braden, Jayden). My only hang up when it actually came time to decide was if it was getting too popular and how we should spell it. In the end, I think we made a wonderful decision and I think his name fits him perfectly.
This time around it's not so easy. Actually I'm really struggling with it! We are starting from scratch going through the baby name books trying to find the perfect one. It's difficult to find one that both Eric and I like since we both associate different things with names.
So what do you think? Do you have any names that you are willing to share? If so, please leave a comment below by clicking where it says "#comments". Then where is says "comment as" you can choose anonymous if you don't have an account and put your name in the comment box (unless you'd like to remain anonymous). I'm really interested to see what suggestions you might have!
My two favorite boy names are Brody and Finn. Both of which my husband has completely rejected!
ReplyDeleteIf we had another boy, I (not necessarily we) were leaning towards
ReplyDeleteLiam,
Ian,
Ethan,
Casey,
and Ben.
Good luck with your selections!
omg i love names. boys-carter,collins, mathew (my alltime fav boy name), clark, parker, preston, brady, brian....i'll send more later. we'll get that baby named! ;-)
ReplyDeleteI've begun to like Colton since the unique singer on American Idol impressed me (and he shouldn't have gotten voted off!!!) If we had had a boy, he would have been Benjamin. You two will come up with a winner!
ReplyDelete