Our Christmas this year was pretty different since we stayed in Texas. It was a nice long break for Eric from work since he was off for 5 days. We finally made it to see Santa the Thursday before Christmas. We went to Bass Pro and had to wait for about an hour. Caiden did great, though. I wasn't sure what to expect because it seemed like a lot of his friends his age were having crying fits in their Santa pics. He and I had been practicing whenever we'd see him at the mall, saying "hi" and then "cheese" for the picture.
We went to church on Christmas Eve for a really nice service. We still really love the sermons at our church. We always leave there thinking about something we'd never thought of before. Here's a photo we took after church back at home.
After Caiden went to bed, Eric had to help Santa put together the tool bench and car ramp way he brought Caiden. On Christmas morning, I was so excited to see how Caiden would react. I know he still doesn't understand Christmas, and there wasn't a sense of anticipation for him, but I wanted to see how he'd react to see his toys from Santa sitting there. He did NOT disappoint. I had set up the video camera to record him coming out of his room, and his face was priceless!
We let him play with his gifts from Santa for awhile before we opened other gifts. After gifts, we had a nice big breakfast!
 |
| Daddy and Caiden |
 |
| checking out the tool bench |
 |
| finding some goodies in his stocking |
 |
| thanks Doug & LeAnn! |
No comments:
Post a Comment