I feel kinda bad, but we are tree killers! I love trees. I really do. And I would love to have a large yard full of big trees, but that's not really how it works in the middle of the metroplex. When the builders built out house they put a beautiful Bradford Pear tree in the front yard. While it looked nice at the time, there are 2 problems. First, they planted it about 10 feet from the house. Secondly, Bradford Pears get really big (so I'm told). We started to get concerned about the tree becoming too large for the area and potentially causing foundation damage to the house. Also, since it is right outside Caiden's bedroom, we were concerned about a big storm sending it through his window. So... we had it removed.
I dug out an old picture of when we bought the house. You can see it was a nice size.
And here it is 4 years later. It looks even bigger when it has leaves on it.
Here's a view from Caiden's window:
Caiden monitored the chopping. You know, to make sure they did it right.
And now.... we can spy on our neighbors even more easily :)
May our dear Bradford rest in peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment