Caiden's first birthday party was last Saturday and while the actual party was a whirlwind (just like his birth) it was a lot of fun! I actually started mentally planning for it about 6 months ago when I saw Jennifer's Blog for her son's airplane birthday party- and I knew I wanted to do an airplane theme. Luckily, she designs party graphics and sells them on Etsy!
I thought the boarding pass invites were a great start:
Then I moved on to the decorations. We had the party at our church and we weren't allowed to use helium balloons so I decided to use paper flower poms and crepe paper to add a festive touch.
Here is the gift table:
My mom helped me make a poster that showed all of Caiden's monthly pics:
Behind the food table we hung a banner.
Airplanes decorated the rest of the food table:
Even the water bottles got to take part in the decoration!
Caiden and his friends had a great time playing!
After playtime, everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to Caiden. He wasn't sure what to do- but he clapped when they were done!
Then, time for cake- but first, a pic.
The cake and cupcakes were from Texas Star Bakery and they were delicious!! I ordered the cake topper from SweetlyDone. She did such a great job matching it to the plane on the invites and other decor!
I had some really cute cupcake toppers, but completely forgot them when we were setting up :(
Caiden wasn't sure what to do with his cake at first, but he finally dug in- and he loved it!
After cake, Caiden (and I) opened his gifts. He is so blessed to have wonderful friends! Here's a picture of his stash later at home:
And of course the guests went home with a goody bag as well. Once again I borrowed the idea from Jennifer at Nounces, and created boxes to look like suitcases.
I made luggage tags for each of the kids and inside the boxes were an airplane cookie:
A passport doodle book:
And super cute airplane crayons from DoodleRus
Caiden had so much fun at his party that he fell asleep in Eric's arms as the guests were leaving.
Caiden wants me to add a special thanks to Nana & Papa and Grandma & Aunt Amy for making the trip down to celebrate with him!
OMG I love every little tiny detail you put into it! The suitcase favor bags with luggage tags & passport coloring book with airplane crayons-CUTEST favors EVER! I dont think you could've done a better job on his 1st birthday mom. Great job!
ReplyDeleteWhat a memorable party. You did awesome!!
ReplyDeleteFarrah