Friday, June 4, 2010

Family Visits

Hey all- I haven't been able to blog recently because we have had family visiting.  Last weekend my mom stepdad, sister, bro-in-law, niece and nephew came to visit.  It was the first time with my sister and family to meet our little man.  My niece, Addison (8) and nephew, Ethan (5) did so well with him.  Ethan loved holding him and it seemed like Caiden enjoyed it as well. 

On Sunday, Eric went and bought a new grill (because a family of squirrels had invaded our over the winter) and got it all put together so we grilled hamburgers and hot dogs that evening!  Yum- Usually we (and by we, I mean Eric) have grilled a ton by memorial day, but due to the circumstances, we got started a little late this year.
Monday was our wedding anniversary! We have enjoyed 7 wonderful years together!  Although we didn't travel anywhere like we normally do, we had a great day as a family enjoying our newest addition.
Yesterday, my dad came in to town to meet Caiden and he will be here for several days!  Caiden will have to wait to meet the rest of that side of the family until we tackle the trip to KC.
Here's a couple of other noteworthy updates:
  • As of Wednesday, Caiden weighs 8lb 9.4oz!  He has finally outgrown the NB sizes of clothes (but not NB diapers) and we are struggling with the varying sizes of 0-3month clothes.  Right now the Gerber 0-3 fit the best.
  • I had my 6-week check up today and I am good to go.  I have lost all but 4 pounds of my pregnancy weight, and have been given the green light to work out again! Now I need to pump some iron so that I can carry this growing boy!
  • Caiden is still working on smiling. I got a video that I will try to post where we were practicing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews