Saturday, May 4, 2013

Trip to Sea World

The first week of April we took a family vacation down to San Antonio for a few days. Our Destination: Sea World!  Overall the boys did so well on the trip. We ended up driving and they took the car ride like champs. We had been worried how they would do in a hotel, but I think they ended up getting more sleep than me or Eric :)  Caiden slept with Eric and tossed and turned, kicking and headbutting him all night. I was up quite a bit with Caleb, because he kept waking up and we didn't want to let him cry like we do at home. But... we drank some coffee and survived :)

The weather was a bit cooler than we would have liked, so we had to bundle up a bit. But it warmed up nicely in the afternoon. We ended up spending 2 full days at the park.

Caiden's favorite part was feeding the dolphins. Mine too! Even as an adult, it was REALLY cool to be able to touch a dolphin! One tip for anyone planning a trip: Feed the dolphins very first! It is the best time, because it gets very crowded later! Here's some pics of that:



Of course, we had to see the Shamu show. I took a ton of pictures, but here are a few.


Caiden and Eric had fun playing in the Sesame Street Bay of Play area (although it was too cold for the spray park).




Caleb and I got to meet Bert & Ernie. Caiden didn't want to get close though :)



We saw the sea lion show, but I didn't take pictures because I was holding Caleb while he was napping. Here's Caiden after the show.

At the end of the first day, Caiden decided he wanted a stuffed dolphin for his souvenir.


 On the second day, Eric and I took turns on some rides. Eric is in the next-to-last car, last row.




And we spent some time with the penguins.


It was such a fun trip and I wouldn't mind going back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews