Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Verse of the week

(I am in the process of getting caught up on blogging from the holidays! My last post was Caleb's 6 moth milestones and he will be 7 months in two days!Yikes!)

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to memorize a Bible passage each week. I've been wanting to dig more into scripture lately and my favorite blogger shared a post about Foundation Verses and I thought I'd give it a try. It's a set of verses specifically for young children with picture prompts to help memory retention. I can't imagine that Caiden will actually memorize 52 Bible verses this year, but I think it will be good to introduce it to him.

So here's week 1:




Do you want to join me in this endeavor? I challenge you to include your kids as well. I am going to draw the picture prompt and write the passage on our chalkboard each week and practice the verse every night at dinner.

Not a great photo, but here's our board this week.

I'm interested to hear your stories of how you share the Bible with your children!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews