Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Pinterest project: bridal shower gift cake

So I'm sure you are familiar with Pinterest, or have at least heard of it, but have you actually done anything with those cool ideas you've pinned? I am totally addicted to it, and I actually have tried many of the recipes and some of the crafts or DIY projects that I've pinned. I thought I'd share some of them with you so you could see it I action. Wherever possible I will provide the original source of my pins because that's only fair, but you can check out all my pins by following me on Pinterest (see the button on the sidebar).

I recently attended a bridal shower for a friend and I always try to give a unique gift or present it in a different way (other than a gift bag). So I dug around on Pinterest and found this :
Tea Towel Cake via Aly & Ash


and this:
Dish Towel Cake via The Cottage Home


So of course, I took the challenge. I checked out her registry and seeing that her dish towels were already purchased, decided to use the dish cloths rolled up. My dilemma was that I wanted to incorporate her wedding colors (not sure why) but those colors did not really match the cloths. But oh well. I included some utensils as decorations, added some tulle and flowers and set the whole "cake" on a trivet from her registry. Anyway.... Here's how it turned out:


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews