Monday, September 12, 2011

Did we survive?

About a month ago, I posted about how hot of a summer we were having. I didn't know at the time it was not going to get any better for a long time! Tomorrow is going to be our 70th day this summer of temperatures over 100. This will set a new all time record! Hopefully, once this heat wave passes, we will be done with it. I am trying to resuscitate what is left of my poor garden.

Here is my hanging tomato, which almost died all together, but with a little relief last week, there is some new growth and blooms. Maybe we'll have some fresh tomatoes in October.



My flowers survived and the zinnias actually are a little out of control!



My poor herb garden. I think the basil and sage are the only things left.




My plumeria is doing great! I brought this back from Hawaii as a 12" cutting in 2007!


It's even blooming!



Did you notice the rest of the planting bed that the plumeria pot was sitting on. Yep, all gone. The squash, tomato, jalapeƱo,and yellow pepper... all gone. So sad!

This is our sky pencil holly. I hope it makes it, it's one of my favorite things in our yard! Poor thing got burnt up by all the heat and sun!



This guy definitely survived... and is growing and growing. He's ready for cool weather too though!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews