First of all I must say that the last month has been really cool to watch him develop. In the past his physical developments have been the most noticeable, but now it's more the cognitive ones. Also, a side note for those of you who may not know... We are attempting to raise Caiden bilingually with English and Spanish. I speak to him about 80-90% of the time in Spanish at home. I don't use it as much when we are around people that don't speak spanish, but I'm starting to increase that more. We also read books and sing songs in Spanish. Eric speaks to him in English. Anyway, just wanted to mention that because some of the milestones have to do with language. Here they are:
- I ask him "que tan grande eres" (How big are you?) and he raises his hands up over his head.
- He points to his head when I ask him where it is (in Spanish).
- He waves hi and bye on command- most of the time. A couple of times it has sounded like he even said "bye"
- He waves bye to Eric when he sees him pick up his lunch box to leave for work.
- He's learned the function of light switches and door knobs. He obviously can't them by himself yet, but he likes to try.
- He can go under water for 3 seconds.
- He loves to climb up slides.
- He does the sign for "more"
- He doesn't use bottles anymore, and he's drinking milk much better.
- His favorite foods are still bread and cheese but he does like meat a lot now!
- He loves to give his mama kisses and his daddy hugs!
- He can recognize when things are upside down. He has a counting book that has possums hanging upside down and when we get to that page he always turns the book around.
- He likes to hold your hand when walking on new/unsteady surfaces.
- He says "Uh, uh" instead of "Uh oh" and he loves to say "E-I-E-I...." but never the "O"
- He recognizes people in pictures and in videos
- He sleeps about 11 hours at night and is still taking two naps (most days) about 30min-1 hour each.
- He wears size 4 shoe and most of his clothes are 12-18months although the shorts that size are pretty big on him.
- He has 5 teeth.
No comments:
Post a Comment