Caiden is just getting so smart every day. I know I've said it before but I just love to watch him figure things out. He loves opening and closing doors and cabinets (and of course taking things out of those cabinets). He loves to walk using his push walker and he gets mad when he runs out of space at the house so we've been taking him to the park on Sundays so that he has more space to go free.
Over the last week or so, it really seems like he's not my little baby anymore. He is starting to show he has his own preferences and is really understanding a lot of what we say. Here is a recap of his eleven month milestones:
- Plays patty-cake and peek-a-boo
- Stands alone for a couple of seconds- he's only done this once or twice
- Cruises
- Understands "no" and simple instructions
- Puts objects into a container
- Stoops from standing position
Some other interesting things to note... He hates grass. whenever he has to crawl on grass he will go up on his feet so his knees don't touch and he gets whiny.
I think he has "da da" figured out, although he usually follows "dada" with a raspberry. He loves to clap- if he's standing and we say "Yay!" and clap, he will sit down so that he can clap too. He has started to wave. He got his first ear infection in both ears (luckily we caught it early), but while we were at the doctors they weighed him at 19lbs 2oz!
My mom and Geno came to visit this past weekend so we had some good fun. Friday we went to the Dallas Arboretum to see their Blooms tulip exhibit. It was so busy because it was a beautiful day and the last day of spring break, but we still had a great time. Caiden even had his first pic-a-nic (a Yogi would say).
Well, that's all my scattered brain can process right now, so I'll go ahead and post before another month passes :)
I've been waiting for a blog post! lol Completely understand being busy tho. He sure is growing fast. Your hair is getting long too! Been too long since I've seen you all!
ReplyDeleteYou have one cute little dude!
ReplyDelete