Thursday, April 22, 2010

Week 38

Well, so far I've made it through most of my birthday without the big guy deciding he wants to share my day with me, but - the big question is will I complete week 39?  After my doctors visit a week ago (at 36wks, 6 days) I was 1-2 cm dialated, 80% effaced and -2 station. If you want to know what this means check out this link Dilation, effacement .  She also did a non-stress test to check the baby's movements and he was doing great.  I went back today (now at 37 weeks, 6 days) and I'm 3cm and 90%.  Still no contractions! She acted like this was great progress and said that she didn't really think that I'd make it to the appointment next Thursday.  Yikes!  Are we prepared?  Yes! Are we ready? I think so??  She also said that if I did make it to the appointment next week and had progressed even more, then we might have to discuss inducing. She went on to explain that she's somewhat concerned that since I've progressed with no discomfort or contractions when I actually do start having contractions that I will probably go through labor quite quickly and she would prefer that Eric not have to deliver the baby at home.  Eric definitely agrees with that!   At one of my baby shower's the guests made some and these are the earliest ones: 
  • Jenny- April 27 (conveniently that's HER birthday)
  • My mom- April 30
  • Erica- May 1
But who knows- this little guy has a mind of his own and will decide when he wants to make his grand entrance. So... what are your predictions?  

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like it's going to be soon!! How exciting! I don't really have much experience with progressing... I know I had lots of contractions with G... for the last several wks before he came (and he was even 3 wks before his due date!) Good luck! We can't wait to hear the news that he's here!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews