Well it's official... Caiden is walking. You probably saw the post on Facebook because I couldn't wait to share the news! It started about a week ago- with Caiden taking 4-5 steps between me and Eric, then he took a few steps at Gymboree class. He really wouldn't do it on his own at first- we would have to peel our hand out of his but then Friday night he was so excited to walk. Here is a little video- I just love the noises he's making.
On Saturday, Caiden and I went to KC for a little birthday party with my Dad's side of the family and some friend's from Lawrence. I'll post more about that when I get some pics, but Caiden was really walking there (that's the video I posted on FB).
The other thing I'm referring to in the title of this blog is the Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis that we are walking in this Saturday. I'm participating with the Spanish Club at CHS. I'm really excited about doing it this year with Caiden because last year I was about to go to the walk and I went into labor! Anyway, my goal is to raise $150 and I've already beaten my goal by $5!! Yay! A great big thanks to those who have supported me! But wait- the CF Foundation can use more! Please feel free to use the link at the top right side of this blog to make a donation! As a side note- you can be sure that I am not a runner like my sister and I will definitely be walking :)
One last thing- I added an element to the blog on the top left where you can input your email address if you'd like to get notified when I make an entry. If you're interested it will be a great way to keep you up-to-date!
No comments:
Post a Comment