So should I start out with the positive or negative? Hmmm, maybe the bad so I can finish on a good note.
You might be expecting me to be posting about our ski trip last week. You might have noticed my little countdown ticker counting down the days. Well, we didn't go. Our plans were to travel Monday, ski Tuesday and Wednesday, and travel home on Thursday. Eric and I were really excited to go skiing and have a vacation. Eric's mom was going with us so that she could watch Caiden while we skied. We had won this package at the Hyatt ski in/ski out resort (normally about $800/night). Sounds perfect, huh? I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Monday morning we got to the airport at 8am for our 12:00 flight. Normally we don't get to the airport that early, but it was the day after the Super Bowl, so everyone and their brother was going to be at the airport. We got right through security no problem and sat down and had some breakfast. Just after that we found out that our 12:00 flight was cancelled. The next flight was at 6:00pm and we decided to stay at the airport and wait (rather than leaving and coming back) due to the onslaught of other people at the airport that day. We found a couple of play areas for Caiden and had lunch and wasted the day away. Just before the flight, there was a gate change. We had to switch terminals so we headed for the Sky Link (the train that connects the terminals). When we got out of the elevator to go to the train, there was a train pulling in. I had the stupid urge to rush to get on that train and I tripped and fell. The worst part of all is that I was carrying Caiden at the time. Yep- worst mom of the year award goes to Me! We both took a nose dive with my face bearing the brunt of the fall. I did whatever I could to protect him and not smash him. Luckily a nice pilot called emergency and the paramedics came to check us out. We are both ok physically and they said that Caiden got the best of it because he didn't tense up during the fall. We were all pretty shook up so we decided it would be better to not go on the trip! I am slowly getting over the guilt as I know it was an accident, but it is just a terrible feeling to know that something you did caused your child to be injured!
Enough of the drama- yesterday was Valentine's Day and I must say, that I have 2 of the best Valentine's. Caiden received little goodies in the mail all week from Nana & Papa, Aunt Jenny, Uncle Rusty and Addison and Ethan; Grandma Sorensen and Grandpa Glamann. On Friday, Caiden and I went to a cookie/cupcake decorating party at my neighbor/friend Jamie's house. She is very brave to have 18 little ones running around with pink and red frosting! I think we did manage to get a photo of them all, but I'll have to get it from someone else, and upload it later. Eric and I celebrated this weekend because he had to go to Chicago on Monday for a recruiting trip. We went out to dinner at Outback (thanks Dad for the gift card!) and Eric surprised me with roses, chocolate-covered strawberries and champagne! He knows me so well!! On Monday, Caiden and I went to Stroller Strides where we had a joint class with Baby Signs and learned some sign language! Caiden gave out these little Valentine's to his pals!
And here he is with my roses! Of course he wanted to eat them!
So- this is a much better week. Enjoying being back to normal (and the 70 temps as well)! Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Erin, I'm so glad you made the BEST of those ups and downs, and that you're all okay! Great photo of your littlest Valentine!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about your ski trip! Please dont be hard on yourself about the fall at all. Seriously those things happen all the time & they're just unavoidable. Everything happens for a reason so maybe it was best yall didnt make the trip? Glad yall had a great Vday though!
ReplyDelete