Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Canton, pumpkins and Iowa

We have had an eventful October and it's barely the second week!  We started it off with a fun visit from my mom and her friend Sharon.  We wanted to go to the First Monday Trade Days in Canton.  If you are not familiar with it- you should check it out (if you live in DFW). Unfortunately our trip over to Canton was delayed sitting on I-35 for over an hour and a half due to the traffic going to the OU/UT game that day!  But once we made it we had lots of fun shopping.  The weather was beautiful- not too hot!  Here are a few pics:

taking a break

enjoying a little funnel cake

a great find- personalized in an hour!
Caiden and I were sad to see my mom leave on Monday morning, but after she did we went to our first pumpkin patch.

my first pumpkin- when can I carve it??

this donkey liked Caiden- he kept coming over to where we were standing

he even tried to eat Caiden's pumpkin
This past weekend, we headed up to Des Moines to see Eric's family.  His sister, Amy, hadn't seen Caiden since he was born and he needed to meet his great-grandparents.  Aunt Amy and Grandma Vickie had the house all prepared with toys to play with.

He loved the texture of this foam mat!

Hanging with grandma

Aunt Amy loves to play

great-grandpa Marv

great-grandma Georgia



Before I forget, Lindsey did a wonderful job once again on Caiden's 5 month pics:  Check them out at Caiden's 5 month pics.  I can't wait for more October fun- with more pumpkin patches, and Halloween! 
Hasta la proxima!

3 comments:

  1. Cute photos! Thanks for sharing! You and little C need to visit in STL before the year is over. :) I have a bag of scrapbooking goodies for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's getting so big! :)
    Okay, wait... were you guys in Canton the same day we were?! My friend Court and I went that Sat... left here around 8am and didn't get home until after 7! SO fun! Where did you find that cute announcement art? We had so much fun - looks like you did, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that name sign! How cute is he with his little pumpkin?!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews